Know How to Write Argumentative Papers
It doesn’t really matter if you are a college or university student you suffer a lot because of thousands of assignments you have to work on every day. It is neither good nor bad, that things are as they are and we have to admit it. Writing is not easy, this why created this page – to help with writing argumentative research papers. We will write about format and paper citing, how to write introduction and conclusion for your paper and also you will get some valuable insight into what a strong thesis statement is.
First of all you need to understand what you tasks are, below the list of things that are expected from you, as an argument paper writer:
- Investigate the given topic
- College and evaluate evidence
- Form your point of view on the topic
- Write a thesis statement and argument it in your paper
Yeah, it sound really easy, which is in fact not. People how know how to write research papers will tell you that research and writing is a hard work, so you must be ready to spending hours in libraries and surfing online for the valuable information… and another portion of precious hours for writing and editing your research paper.
Argumentative research paper topics
The importance of a good topic is difficult to underestimate, because much depends on it, including your mark. Sometime the topic is given by your teacher and sometimes it is you who should brainstorm to pick up a topic to write on. The most common argumentative topics are about:
- The same sex marriage
- Death penalty (or capital punishment)
- Topics on war
- Religions issues, including God
Basic format of argumentative research papers
- Title page – make sure you know the requirements towards formatting
- Introduction – introduce your topics to the reader, tell them why it is important
- Thesis statement – it must show your point of view in a clear manner
- Conclusion – answer all the question you asked in the very beginning
- Reference page – list all of the reliable sources, the number depends on the paper length
Reading some good argumentative papers examples is a very good idea if you are new to writing complex academic assignments. The important thing that you should know how to use the samples correctly – don’t copy sentences, copy ideas and approaches only.
Read good paper introductions and conclusions to learn how mature academic writers manage to grab the audience’s attention and explain the importance of the topic. Overgeneralization is a common mistake of immature research paper writer who do not support their statements with references and evidence.
Also you should not forget about spelling and grammar issues. There are few not many people who can care to call themselves natural born writers and nobody can write without mistakes. This is why you must do proofreading before submission, no matter how exhausting this task might seem to be. And the final piece of advice is that you should not think you will be able to finish everything on the last two days before the deadline.